If you’ve signed up to support the Covid-19 helpline or the PCN vaccination team and feel inspired to pursue future opportunities in the Health & Care sector, then the training described here could well be of interest to you. Please note that use of the training resource is entirely voluntary. Unity does not currently require you to complete any module. However, if you do decide to take on one or more of the modules, please do send us copies of any certificates you attain, for us to keep on your volunteering record.
The Volunteer Passport
The volunteer passport is a suite of free online courses from Health Education England, designed for anyone who is volunteering in health and care. The available modules are:
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Volunteer [updated COVID-19]
- Communications for Volunteers
- Data Security Awareness for Volunteers
- Conflict Resolution for Volunteers
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights for Volunteers
- Safeguarding Adults for Volunteers
- Safeguarding Children for Volunteers
Child Sexual Exploitation for Volunteers
- Preventing Radicalisation (Basic Awareness) for Volunteers
- Mental Health Awareness for Volunteers
- Health, Safety and Infection Prevention and Control for Volunteers [updated COVID-19]
- Fire Safety for Volunteers
- Fluids and Nutrition for Volunteers
- Resuscitation (Basic Life Support) for Volunteers [updated COVID-19]
- Moving and Assisting for Volunteers
To start working on any module, you first need to register on the e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH) Hub. You will be encouraged to use a work email address but this is not necessary for you, so continue to register using your personal email address. You’ll then receive an email with a password and a link to use to change it if you want to and support details.
When you first log into the training hub once you’re registered, the login wizard will guide you through a series of steps to complete your registration. Please try to complete each step of the wizard fully and as accurately as possible.
We are not responsible for the content of, or support for, the training hub, so please use the support resources that are offered to you if you need help. We will always welcome feedback though so please email email@example.com if you would like to share your your experience of using the training materials.
We hope you find this useful and will look forward to seeing copy certificates from those of you decide to take on the challenge!