Test Valley Arts Foundation is looking for someone!
Test Valley Arts Foundation (TVAF) are looking for a Development Officer/Administrator to replace our excellent current person who is retiring at the end of this calendar year. It is for about 3/4 days a month and we are paying around £300 + (negotiable for the right person!) plus expenses. The person will be self employed and we will pay on invoice. The job description and person specification is attached below and we have an excellent website at www.testvalleyarts.org which explains in detail what we are all about including our ambition for Test Valley 2020/21 Borough of Culture.
A short CV of two sides of A4 and a one page letter of application stating why “you” want to join us is all we require.
Closing date for applications: 1st September 2020
Please send applications to me : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to find out a bit more about the job please contact email@example.com
TEST VALLEY ARTS FOUNDATION
Keep all necessary records and files concerning the work of the Foundation to ensure transparency and legal compliance.
To be the main point of contact for Trustees, artists and the public
With the Chairman to plan Board meetings (usually held 5x a year), draw up the Agenda and supporting documents for the meetings including taking the minutes and progressing decisions made.
To maintain the accounts on SageOne and review with the Treasurer on a regular basis
To ensure that The Board’s Equal Opportunities and Child Protection Policies and other relevant legal requirements are kept current and assist in its effective implementation
Fund raising – preparing grant applications to progress projects agreed by the Board and to be the main point of contact with these organisations.
To organise and assist at events and previews
To prepare press releases and other such publicity for TVAF initiatives and projects in consultation with appropriate Trustees.
To provide content for the website and FaceBook and ensure it is kept current and informative.
To research partnerships with Trusts, grant giving bodies and the private sector.
To liaise with Chapel Arts Studios over the use of the Arts Bus – booking, programming and maintenance.
To be the point of contact with the public for enquiries for grant support and progress such requests to the Board.
To be aware of the artistic networks in Test Valley, to be the Board’s ‘eyes and ears’ so the Foundation can mould its plans to complement, support innovative creative practice.
1) To be a self starter; to be able to work on your own without guidance using your own initiative
2) A willingness to learn and undertake a broad range of activities; ability to context switch
3) To have a flexible attitude towards the work. Whilst the actual working time averages at one day per week, it is usually necessary to work on several days a week to ensure matters are dealt with in a timely fashion.
4) To have experience in general administration, the writing of reports, minutes and letters.
5) To have had some experience of working with or within a voluntary organisation.
6) To be fluent at using a PC and associated technologies, updating websites, using FaceBook
7) To have excellent communication skills –written and verbal.
8) To be able to work remotely e.g. from home.
1) An empathy with the Arts and Artists
2) A good networker and listener.
3) To be a positive problem solver, an enthusiast for “getting things done” and an excellent “resource investigator”.
4) To support Trustees in realising their dreams!
The Test Valley Charity, Health and Wellbeing Directory (CHAWD) Unity, the voluntary action umbrella organisation...