Supporting BME led Charities and Community Organisations
Round 2 Courses
Following the successful delivery of the first rounds of training offered by SVS, in conjunction with the Hampshire CVS network , utilising funding provided by Hampshire and IoW Community Foundation NET fund we are pleased to be able to offer 2 further courses as follows:
Trustee Roles and Governance in BME led organisations.
This introductory level course is open to members of BME communities or Committee members of BME led voluntary organisations with 12 places available.
It consists of 5 x 2 hours sessions delivered by Zoom as follows – Thursday 12- 2pm
- 13th May – Trustee Roles and Responsibilities
- 20th May – Financial Management
- 27th May – Data Protection and Digital
- 3rd June – No session – half term week
- 10th June – Safeguarding
- 17th June – Volunteering
Comments from previous participants include –
- “The session was really helpful in helping me build my knowledge curve. Thanks.”
- “By the way, I’d like to say my sincere thanks to you. You are presenting very beneficial information and sharing your experience.”
If you are interested in joining this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form to complete marked Trustees course . Places will be available on a first come first served basis.
Equality and Diversity Awareness for All
These courses are intended to improve awareness of equality and diversity issues across all communities and are open for both BME and non BME community groups and individuals. Places are limited to one per organisation.
The course consists of 6 x 2.5 hour units delivered on Zoom online by Hon Alderman Dr Parvin Damani MBE an experienced Equality and Diversity trainer, retired multicultural health advisor and public health specialist who is also a past Chair of SVS supported by an SVS Development worker.
The Equality and Diversity Training will be held on Wednesdays 11.00 – 13.30 on the following dates
- 5th May – Equality, Diversity and Justice – Black Lives Matter
- 12thMay – EDJ Migration
- 19th May – EDJ Religion and Culture
- 26th May – EDJ Naming Systems
- 2nd June – EDJ Communications and Interaction
- 9th June – EDJ Reflect and Review session
Comments from previous participants include
- “Parvin was hugely knowledgeable and pitched the training just right. The content was in-depth yet never felt too heavy. She gave real world examples which I really liked. She also gave examples above and beyond the training, drawing on lived experience, evidencing her excellence as a trainer. Parvin also created a ‘safe’ and non-judgemental space where participants were encouraged to share their own experiences and ask questions. Louise facilitated the training expertly. Thank you Parvin & Louise.”
- “It was really helpful to think more in depth about these issues and factors. Naming systems was really helpful as this was so practical in terms of how we deal with clients and helpful to understand”
If you are interested in joining this course please contact email@example.com for a registration form to complete marked E&D course .
Places will be available on a first come first served basis and to ensure fair distribution are limited to one place per organisation please.