One Community is an independent charity, established in 1978, supporting the voluntary and community sector in Eastleigh and Fareham. They have grown to also provide a range of care, transport and information services aimed at improving quality of life and helping our communities to flourish.
Following their CEO’s decision to retire in September 2021, the Board of Trustees is now seeking an exceptional individual to take up the reins and ensure the Charity’s legacy for the future.
They are looking for a CEO that has a suite of skills that enables them to sustain the positive current culture of the organisation whilst leading a strategy refresh and developing structures to support that strategy. One Community are looking for somebody who is:
- A strategic thinker who is able to look at where we are going and how we are going to get there.
- An innovative leader and co-ordinator who can ensure the strategic aims, goals and objectives of the One Community are achieved.
- Able to ensure that One Community secures the necessary financial resources and is managed in an effective and economic manner.
- A good listener – who can walk the floor and quickly identify what the key issues are, whilst building relationships internally and externally;
- A good people manager with high levels of emotional intelligence;
- An excellent relationship builder with commissioners, local partners and our local Age UK neighbours;
- A highly visible and present leader
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills – especially the ability to interpret and manage using financial data, and driving operational improvement efficiencies across all aspects of the organisation
- Effective motivational and supportive leadership through engagement initiatives
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- An ability to define and share the vision and strategy of One Community.
One Community is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
For full details about this role, please go via the link to the One Community website to download an application pack and application form:
They are not accepting CVs.
Closing date for applications: Friday 09 April 2021
Key details: This post will become available in September 2021
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Salary: £48,000 pa FTE
Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire
Interviews: Week beginning 26 April 2021