Mental Wellbeing Resources
- Visit the One You “Every Mind Matters” Mental Health page for expert advice and practical tools, such as personalised action plans, to help you manage a range of mental health problems.
- Follow the Five Ways to Wellbeing – simple things you can do in your everyday life to improve your mental wellbeing
- Download the Solent Mind Wellbeing App
- Read 10 Ways to Look After Your Mental Health from the Mental Health Foundation
- Find out more about mental health from NHS Live Well
- Read about the anti-stigma campaign at Time to Change
- Use an NHS approved ‘app’ to help you manage your mental health
- Borrow books on the Reading Well prescription scheme – These are self-help guides. They are selected by mental health practitioners to help with common mental health problems.
- Contact your own GP. They may refer you for further help. This could be to a local Wellbeing Centre or to a specialist local Mental Health team who will arrange any help or care that you might need to
- Visit The Princess Royal Trust for Carers website for information for carers
- Use the Wellness Recovery Action Plan, a simple self-management tool for creating positive change in the way that you feel
- Find out about ‘Mindfulness’ from the NHS or visit the Mental Health Foundation’s online mindfulness course. Mindfulness has been recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Andover Mind runs wellbeing centres in Hampshire’s towns and cities to provide short-term, outcome-focused support to individuals with mental health problems. They are friendly and welcoming places with an informal atmosphere.
The centres provide workshops, courses and other support on many mental health issues. These include:
- Self-esteem and resilience
- Depression and anxiety
- Stress management
- Addictions and mental health
- Anger management.
Contact your nearest centre to find out more about their programme.