Unity supports and encourages community initiatives to enable the Test Valley to have a strong and effective voluntary and community sector.
We welcome organisations to become members which entitles them to discounts on chargeable services, access to transport and a vote at our Annual General Meeting*.
You will play a pivotal role in the running of Unity by contributing views, and keeping Unity informed of issues affecting the voluntary sector locally.
As well voting at our Annual General Meeting*, members also have access to the following discounted and free services:
- Inclusion in our online Charity Health and Wellbeing Directory (Community Directory)
- Access to disability services
- Discounted Payroll and Bookkeeping services
- Promotion and marketing such as inclusion in our eNews/Social Media/Events and Activities
- Community development support such as for policies, legal updates governance materials, business planning, networking facilitation and support, digital etc.
- Access to Unity Minibus hire
- Volunteer Centre Services including access to the national Do-it website (free)
- Safeguarding checks (DBS) Service
- Funding, Tender and Grant Information
- Training which can be anything from safeguarding, volunteer management, Minibus Awareness (MIDAS) to funding workshops and one off learning events.
- Information and Signposting – Our geographical knowledge has taken a lot of work over many years and as a result we are unique in understanding the community and who is out there in order to help other groups.
|Open to all non-profit community support organisations that serve the Test Valley Community and reside in the Borough of Test Valley.
|Open to non-profit community support organisations that serve the Test Valley Community but reside elsewhere.
|Open to organisations of all types who help us to support our community and do not qualify for either full or associate membership. (Charges may apply)
*Eligibility: To be a voting member of Unity you must be in one or more of the following categories: Voluntary or Community Sector, Faith Group, Social Enterprise and be either a full or associate member. Partnership members are not able to vote at the Annual General Meeting. Statutory providers for Transport-only are eligible to sign up as Associate Members only.