In celebration of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, all ages can head to indoor garden area, next to Boswell’s, to take part in a week of free workshops, helping to create a Royal Garden Tea Party art display.
The event, which is being run by Test Valley Borough Council and local organisation The Artroom, they will ensure each day offers a new workshop for participants from making bunting, to decorating crockery, constructing artificial food and producing flower decorations. Whilst adults and older children can enjoy building items for the final display, little ones will also have the chance to try a different craft activity to take away with them:
- Monday 30 May – Get ready for the Royals
Workshop: Royal bunting and flags
Make and take: Royal Crowns
- Tuesday 31 May – Let’s Lay the Table
Workshop: Crockery decorating
Make and take: Tea pot and cup cut out
- Wednesday 1 June – Right Royal Nibbles!
Workshop: Food! (Not for eating, only for display!)
Make and Take: Paper cupcake pictures
- Thursday 2 June – Getting the garden ready
Workshop: Flower decorations
Make and Take: Flowerpots with real flowers
- Friday 3 June – Get the celebrations going!
Come and visit the finished Garden Party display in Chantry Centre, where items produced throughout the week will be put on display. There will also be an opportunity to take a selfie at the Royal table!
Make and take: Royal flowers
The week will commence with the full tea party display on show, where visitors can stop by on Friday 3 June to take a photo with the finished piece. Plus, on Friday 3 June, Amanda from Merry-go-storytelling will be running FREE story sessions in the garden as well, so there’s lots to enjoy in the Chantry Centre to make the most of the Jubilee celebrations.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS
As an extra-special royal reward, the team at Boswell’s will be offering workshop participants a very special discount when they dine at the Andover café during the half term week. Families taking part in the craft sessions will be offered a voucher for a free ‘kids meal’, when accompanied by an adult spending more than £5.
- The discount will run from Monday 30 May until Sunday 5 June 2022.
- Vouchers will be offered to the Chantry Centre’s Jubilee craft workshop participants only, between Monday 30 May to Friday 3 June 2022.
- Families taking part in the Chantry Centre Jubilee Craft workshop will be entitled to one voucher per child taking part, per day.
- Each voucher is valid for up to two free Kids Meals at Boswell’s Andover, when accompanied by an adult paying full price or spending a minimum of £5 spend in one transaction.
- Free Kids meals are valid for children age 12 and under.
- Vouchers must be redeemed before Sunday 5th June 2022.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Boswell’s reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time.
Looking for other Jubilee celebrations? further details of what’s taking place can be found here