Funded by Hampshire County Council and the Isle of Wight council for their staff and partner organisations.
Our aim is to provide frontline Hampshire and Isle of Wight workforces in public, community, and voluntary sectors with the skills to appropriately start conversations about debt and mental health.
Proactively referring to debt and mental health services when needed.
This training will improve your understanding of the connections between debt and mental health services and will help to reduce the suicide risk as a result of debt in the Hampshire and Isle of Wight populations
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how mental health and debt are connected
- Understand the local context of debt and mental health
- Confidently use healthy conversations principles to initiate conversations about mental health and debt
- Identify the signs of someone trapped in a cycle of poor mental health and debt
- Safely ask and listen to someone about their mental health and debt
- Safeguard the person who may be at risk of crisis
- Be aware of the local and national mental health and debt support available.
- Confidently work in partnership with other organizations to provide the best possible outcome for those in debt and Mental Health
- The scale of Debt & Mental Health in Hampshire and Isle of Wight
- Exploring the links between debt and mental health
- Overview of the Connect 5 Model
- Trauma informed Approach
- The New Breathing Space Regulations and Statutory Debt Repayment Plan
- Healthy conversations and myth busting
- TEXAS model for active listening
- Proactive referrals to Debtor Support and Mental Health services
- Stop, Start, Continue and Change
Who’s it for?
The course is perfect for all staff who deal with customers who may be in debt including recovery staff and customer service staff working in Local Authorities, Social Housing, the voluntary sector and other industry sectors.
How it’s delivered
This course is delivered live on-line with a trainer and can be accessed via a PC, Mac or Tablet. There will be group work and breakout sessions. Case studies will be based on your feedback during the session. You can interact, ask questions, and practice new skills – all without leaving your desk.