Calling all Dog Walkers and Mobile Hairdressers
- The Marketplace on Connect to Support Hampshire now includes categories for Dog walking/Pet sitting and Mobile Hairdressers. Are you aware of individuals who provides these services? If so, please signpost them to the website’s Marketplace Provider Information page so they can find out more and sign-up.
- Did you know in the UK 1 in 5 adults are deaf or have hearing loss. Around 150,000 people in the UK use British Sign language and 87,000 identify as being part of the Deaf Community. See our information about hearing loss and deafness. You can also find local and national support for sight and hearing loss in our Community Directory.
- Help and support for Domestic Abuse are available in the Information and Advice section.
- They also now have a new Domestic Abuse category in the Community Directory listing support organisations nationally and across Hampshire (remember to check both the local and national listings).
Health and Wellbeing – stress awareness
- Visit the Mental Health information page for ways you can help yourself. The community directory also lists local and national support for mental health.
- A major cause of stress is financial problems. The Money Worries page signposts to help and support.
- Good physical health is very important for maintaining good mental health and can help in reducing stress. Find local sport and exercise opportunities in Hampshire aimed at all ages and abilities. For those with mobility problems, see the ‘Keep fit and prevent falls’ section of our Staying independent page.
Carers – Covid-related financial support